If you are wanting fuller and thicker hair, then believe us you are not alone. When we look on the TV and see these ‘easy’ hairstyles and we often think ‘easy’ with hair down the knees and volume you can see from a mile off. Even though you are absolutely beautiful (or handsome!) as you are, we understand that hair loss can be a focal point of feeling conscious and can sometimes have you hiding away. But that ends today, having thinning hair doesn’t mean you can’t style it in the way you want and definitely doesn’t mean it there aren’t cuts which make your hair appear fuller with more bounce. Let us share the power product Nioxin with you..the go to treatment for creating an environment that lets your hair grow, or if you’re taking the plunge to cut for a fuller effect, we’ve got all the styles to create this…
1. Rock the short hair look with a stylish bob
- Cutting your hair short and opting for a bob is an ideal style if you are experiencing hair thinning or hair loss as it means it won’t weigh your hair down, will put less strain on your scalp but will also make your hair look a lot thicker. And don’t be thinking you are limited to just one look, from curved to asymmetrical you can keep changing your bob in order to keep it fresh.
- For those of you who are wanting to go BOLD, why not try a textured pixie cut?!
2. Add subtle layers to your hair
- For those who have longer fine hair, the key is to add layers however not so many that the ends of the hair start to appear stringy. Subtle longer layers or those that frame the face can be highly effective in creating movement and shape throughout your locks.
- In general, regularly trimming your hair can strengthen your hair strands and help in the fight against breakage.
And for you men
Hair thinning and hair loss can be an issue for both men and women – and if feeling conscious we know it can sometimes be a little scary to speak to your stylist about the right hair style for you. Well, here are some options!
Opt for a short and textured hairstyle
The same thing goes – longer hair will add weight and make it appear finer and heavier on top. Opt for a shorter style always and keep it texture for a relaxed but stylish look.
Top tip: for extra movement, add a gel throughout your hair to train each lock to go in the direction you want it to!
Don't overlook the undercut!
Are you noticing that your hair thinning is more from the temples rather than your crown? An undercut is the perfect option! The back and sides of your hair being extremely thin will mean that fine patches are masked yet the top is left longer. You can sweep this back or part in the middle to mix up your style and have those heads turn!
Treatments at Home
These hairstyles are great for helping hair appear thicker and are extremely effective. Yet in the long term, your tendrils and scalp will need extra love in order prevent further hair loss and help your hair grow more easily. For treatments at home, it’s about understanding the causes of hair loss and how these areas can be addressed. Now, just to make it more difficult, it can be caused from a wide range of things from hormones, pregnancy to excessive stress. However, it all starts with the scalp!
Say Hello To Nioxin!
Just like the flowers in your garden, your hair needs the right foundation to grow (what doesn’t need a little TLC right?) Nioxin helps you achieve just that; focusing on the root of hair growth, it helps to moisturize and renew the scalp. It also intensely strengthens the hair strands and increases crown density for fuller thicker hair in no time at all. Our ranges our categorized with treatments that focus on three main hair types – natural hair, coloured hair and bleached.
Pump Up Your Hair!
If you haven’t yet heard of the growth range from PUMP Haircare, then today is the day you say goodbye to excessive breakage and hair fall. The range includes an everyday shampoo, conditioner and growth mask, as well as an oil and remedy spray. All are made with a unique BioGro formula, only available from PUMP Haircare. The range has your entire regime sorted, from prep, cleanse right through to condition. Ingredients include white birch leaf, which is rich in vitamin C to help strengthens hair follicles and boost hair growth. But also, focuses in on the scalp with peppermint leaf extract improving blood flow to this area.
We would love to see your journey! Tag us in your results on Instagram @supercutsUK