We know you don’t need reminding (it seems to come round quicker every year!), but we are here to remind you anyway that Christmas is just around the corner. With just under a month to go until the BIG DAY, there’s plenty to think about: shopping for the perfect gift for your besties, deciding on that perfect destination for those Christmas eve cocktails (or mulled wine if you want to get really festive), never-ending amounts of wrapping on wrapping… the list is endless! But more importantly, it’s time to start thinking about your Christmas look! After all, you need to rock it, right?
With Christmas looking a lot different to last year – fingers crossed we don’t jinx anything - we’ve waved goodbye to those virtual gatherings and can actually celebrate the festive season in style (YES!). Whether it’s the office Christmas party or a glamorous night out with the girls, it's time to start planning what hair style you will go for. Luckily, we’ve got you!
Taking inspiration from red carpet A-listers, our creative Director Kieron Fowles has selected some of the most iconic looks that he and our stylists think will be a big hit this festive season.
Celebrities from Kim Kardashian to Cara Delevingne have been our inspiration, with a party twist! And yeah, we know all too well that these ladies have an entire glam squad behind the scenes, ready with the hair spray to ensure no hair is out of place. But we assure you that you can create these stunning looks easily at home.
To take away the stress, we are going to share with you the upcoming hair trends and how to achieve these looks!
Party Hairstyle Trend 1: Bombshell Bounce
Full of body and volume but with a smooth and polished finish, the Bombshell Bounce is always a glamorous choice - with that added bit of sparkle! Achieve the look using these simple steps.
- Step 1: Spray 'Alterna Volumising Styling Mist' into wet hair at roots to create maximum volume and fullness.
- Step 2: Lightly mist the hair using 'Alterna Invisible Roller Spray' to create bounce and ensure those curls are long lasting
- Step 3: Blow dry the hair using 'ICE Superfast Hairdryer' and a large round brush. Elevate the brush to create lift at the roots.
- Step 4: Section hair and curl with the 'ICE Oval Curling Tong' away from the face to create beautiful curls. Clip in place until cool.
- Step 5: Take out hair out once cool. Spray with 'Alterna Another Day Dry Shampoo' to create volume. Focus on the front fringe area and spritz 'Alterna Any Way Texture Spray' to create height.
- Step 6: Finish and seal the look with Alterna City Slay Shielding Hairspray. The look will last you all night!
Party Hairstyles Trend 2: Party Sleek Topknot
We love a striking up-do! Make a statement with this celebrity favourite. It's guaranteed to turn heads at this year's Christmas party.
- Step 1: Blow dry hair away from the face using the ICE Superfast Hairdryer to smoothen the surface of the hair in no time at all.
- Step 2: Leave two tendrils of hair at the front. Twist the hair up into a knot, secure with a pin. Take the two tendrils and brush them back into the knot keeping the parting and secure at the back
- Step 3: Apply Alterna Leave-In Smoothing Gel through the hairline back to create a sleek, glossy finish. Spray Alterna City Slay Shielding Hairspray for a flexible hold and add shine! Go wow them!
Party Hairstyles Trend 3: Bevelled Undone Wave
We adore this loose wave look. It's a statement hair style which will have you red-carpet ready. Achieve this look with these easy steps:
- Step 1: Whilst hair is wet, create a centre parting and apply Alterna Volume Styling Mist at the root to create body. Blow dry using ICE Superfast Hairdryer and smoothen hair using a paddle brush.
- Step 2: Take big sections of the hair. Wrap mid length to end around the ICE Oval Curling Tong to create loose movement in the hair. Place focal areas around the tong, away from the face leaving the ends out to create a loose face frame.
- Step 3: Complete the style using Alterna City Slay Shielding Hairspray to create humidity and extra hold, You're good to go!
So there you have it, everything you need to look like an A-lister this Christmas. We would love to see your finished looks, so don't forget to share with us @SupercutsUK and tag us in any of your Christmas hair creations! We'll re-share our faves!